Friday 16 February 2018

The Simple Way to Write More That I Learned From a Top Copywriter

Years ago I downloaded an audio interview with top copywriter, Bob Bly.

If you haven't heard of him before, he is one of the highest-paid copywriters in the industry and has worked freelance for many years.

He works out of his rented office where he writes every day.

In the interview (http://www.hardtofindseminars.com/Bob_Bly_Copywriting.htm) Bob talked about one of the problems with being a busy writer, is getting bored with what he's writing.

This is a problem for many writers. Including me. If I get bored with what I'm writing, then I quickly lose interest in it.

And when I listened to the Bobl Bly interview he talked about how he has the same problem and how he handles it.

He said that he always makes sure he has several different projects he's working on at the same time, so if that if he gets bored with one, he puts it away and starts on another one.

He said he works as a copywriter full time and he needs to keep working every day if he wants to earn money so he can't afford to get bored. But as long as he has different things to work on, he can simply switch from one to another.

And I found this information to be gold, so I do the same.

If I'm tired of writing blog posts, or I'm simply not in the mood, I write a marketing article instead or write a promotion for an affiliate product or work on my book.

Every week, I start by listing the writing I have to do and it's always a list of different things. So if I get bored with one, I just work on another. And if I get tired of writing, I'll start researching for another project or I'll outline my next book, or look through my ideas book or proof-read something I've already written.

I find that as long as I have something to switch to, I can keep working, and then get back to what I was stuck on the next day or whenever I'm ready.

I just have to keep going and that helps me to write more instead of stopping.

And more writing always equals more money.

---------

Goodbye Writer's Block: How To Be A Creative Genius And Have An Abundance Of Ideas Plus The Inspiration And Motivation To Write
http://cheritonhousepublishing.com/books/WB.html





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments