Monday 1 February 2021

Can't Be A People-Pleaser and A Writer

 Sometimes we're all guilty of being people-pleasers, as in always being there for others, not letting people down, and always being a happy friend who's always available.

But being like this is never a good thing. And no one respects a people-pleaser. People-pleasers don't even respect themselves.

And you can't please everyone so no matter what you do you'll always end up disappointing someone and feeling guilty about it.

The problem gets even worse when you're a writer because you'll feel guilty about not be available to others every time you lock yourself away to get some writing done.

This is why writing can feel selfish. I hate to use the term "me time" but that is what you have to do, and that is what it has to feel like, because writing has to be done during time away from other people.

And I always find that other people don't respect my writing or the time that I have to spend away from them to get it done.

When I first began writing, it bothered me a lot that others disrespected what I do or thought it selfish that I was always spending time alone to write instead of being with them.

But what I eventually had to do, and what I still do now is make my writing my mission and just go do that, because while people will let me down or smother me in obligations, my writing is always there for me.

No matter what else is going on in my life, I can always shut myself away and get my writing done and forget about everything else for a while.

And being alone to write is always relaxing.

I love my writing mission and so should you.


MISSION CRITICAL FOR LIFE
Start Living Life On Your Terms 
By Pursuing Your True Life Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments