Monday 27 September 2021

Switch It Up and Write More

One of the biggest challenges of being a writer is how to write more. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need to write more if you want to earn more. Unless you're fortunate enough to have a production company turn your novel into a multi-million dollar blockbuster movie (which is so unbelievably rare), you need to keep writing.

But sometimes it can be a strain to sit and work continuously on a big writing project.

I've read a lot of work by the well-known copywriter, Bob Bly. He is a prolific writer, and one of the things that he always says is that he always makes sure he has several ongoing writing projects to work on so that if he gets bored with one, he switches to another. That way, his work stays interesting and his ideas are fresh.

I always remember that because it's how I work as well. I'm always working on more than one thing, so when I find I'm slowing down on what I'm working on, I put it away and work on something else instead.

For instance, yesterday I was working on a new chapter for a book. When I finished it, I switched to writing a blog post, and then I proof-read an article.

There are many times when I can work non-stop on one project and those times are great. But on days when I'm a bit distracted, I simply switch to another task.

And there is always something to work on. I like to have multiple streams of income which gives me so many varied projects.

Switching is a way to stay productive.

Quick Cash Freelance Writing
The first book in a four-part series on how to write and earn money.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments