Friday 14 October 2022

The Ugly Truth About Wasting Time

 

Lazy lion sleeping on a log
Image by Holger Stephan from Pixabay
I find that some days start off great and keep going. 

I bound out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off at 6am, and by 7.30 I’m washed, dressed, the bed is made, breakfast is over, and the dishes are washed and put away.

Days that start like that, tend to keep going.

Yet there’s other days when I roll over in bed, fall back asleep, get up late, and knuckle-drag throughout the whole day, not feeling like doing much, and not getting much done.

Those are bad days because I achieve so little and all day I feel like I’m not only wasting time but wasting the whole day.

And one thing I know for sure is that wasting time never makes me feel good. It makes me feel bad, and that bad feeling follows me throughout the day.

Time wasted, makes me feel bad because I know I’m wasting my life. After all, time is all we really have.

Thankfully, those types of day don’t happen very often, and thank goodness for that because they are really depressing.

Yet there are people I know who spend their whole lives like that.

They spend every day doing nothing much of anything. And they say it’s because they feel too depressed to do anything. But what they fail to realize is that the reason they feel depressed is because they’re wasting their lives away.

Who wouldn’t feel bad living like that?

You can always tell who these people are because they’re lazy and have dirty homes, bad diets, and are late sleepers.

Sadly, it doesn’t take much for anyone to feel down about wasting time.

Something as simple as not getting that book written, or not posting to your blog often, or not getting your smaller writing projects done, can make you feel down in the dumps.

I recently read a little book called “Wake Up and Live.” It’s an old book but it has a timeless uplifting message about not wasting time, and achieving life goals.

At the moment, you can pick up a Kindle copy of this remarkable little book for only 49c on Amazon.

And it could be the 49c that changes your life.


What would you do if you knew it was impossible to fail? Wake Up & Live!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments