Tuesday 13 December 2022

How I use Siri to Read eBooks and Articles

Listen to eBooks with Siri.
Image by Felix Lichtenfeld from Pixabay
I love listening to audios when I’m busy doing other things (like household chores or cleaning the car).

In fact, if I’ve got something that I’m eager to listen to, I’ll find ‘busy’ chores to do because I must be doing something while I listen. I can’t just sit and do nothing so I figure I may as well get plenty of chores done while I’m listening.

I rarely buy, or mostly never buy, audio books, but I do borrow them from the library.

I also listen to podcasts too. 

I have the Listnr app on my iPhone which, as well as having my favourite radio station on it, Buddha Hits, it also has some interesting podcasts on things like true crime.

I also have the UK’s BBC app that has many great radio plays and audio series.

But when it comes to books, I prefer to buy eBooks and if I want to have them read to me while I’m doing other things, I use Siri to read them.

I discovered how to do it a few years ago, and I’ve been listening to eBooks this way ever since.

All I do is open an eBook on my iPhone (usually in my Kindle app) to the current page I’m reading.

I then put two fingers at the very top of the screen and quickly swipe down.

Siri’s audio controls immediately open and she starts reading from the top of the page and continues reading until I press pause.

Siri can also read long articles online if I tap the “Reader View” icon in the URL address bar at the top of the page and then swipe my two fingers down again.

It’s so quick and easy to do and means I can ‘read’ eBooks while I’m busy doing other things.


Read Something That Will Change Your Life

I write books designed to change your life.

From novels that will tug at your heart strings, instill fear and get your heart pounding, to educational books that can help you earn more money, and life-altering self-help books.

All will leave you thinking differently and some will even help you change the way you live and enable you to start living the life of your dreams.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments