Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Stop Worrying and Start Writing

smiling happy writer
It's all too easy to worry about all the other things you "should" be doing instead of writing, or to worry that your freelance submission won't be good enough or that your books won't sell.

But what I learnt recently is that there's an answer to all this. Not only that, but the answer was here all along. And even more than that, you've always known the answer, whether you admit it or not.

I read a book by Dale Carnegie called "Stop Worrying and Start Living." It's a fascinating book, and he says that the easy cure for worrying less and living more fully is hard work. Being busy and productive not only helps to take your mind off your worries, but you'll feel better for achieving more.

- Hard work is the cure for worry.

- Boredom leads to worry and depression.

- Learn to love your job, or at least parts of it.

- Keep active mentally and physically.

- Do your best and ignore everyone.

- Accept what can't be changed.

- The devil finds work for idle hands.

All this is why I find writing to be the cure for all this.

When I'm writing, my mind is completely locked into the present moment. When I'm concentrating on my writing it's impossible for me to think about anything else.

Writing, especially when I'm working on a big project, is an escape from reality.

I find it to be a form of therapy.

Writing really is the way to stop worrying and start living, plus it's productive and profitable.


MISSION CRITICAL FOR LIFE

Start Living Life On Your Terms By Pursuing Your True Life Mission

https://cheritonhousepublishing.com/books/MCFL.html 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments