Monday 16 September 2019

Don't Buy a Writing Product. Invest In It.

Last week I received a copy of Writing Magazine in the Mail.

I used to subscribe to this magazine years ago but then stopped. But recently I decided to subscribe again and I found it when I checked my mailbox a few days ago, and it also included a copy of the 2020 writing competitions guide, which contains over 670 writing competitions from now until the end of next year.

So the day it arrived I sat and read it from cover to cover, which, as it happened, took all day.

But while going through it I was highlighting things that I wanted to go back to use, including 9 free-to-enter writing competitions for this month, 2 article ideas I can write about, 6 freelance writing markets I want to submit to, plus I learned a lot from the writing articles in it too.

So I didn't just buy the magazine, I invested in it because the magazine cost me roughly $10, but with the things I'm going to submit to, it means I could earn several hundred dollars (or more).

And I'd already decided to invest in the magazine and not just buy it before I subscribed. This is something that I do with every writing product I buy whether it's software, books, magazines or websites that I subscribe to. Once I receive my products, I make sure that they earn me far more than I paid for them. Even if I try something and find out that it's not really what I want to do, I at least make sure that I try it once and earn money from it.

Some of the other writing products that I've invested in over the years include

Quick Cash Writing,

Write Any Book in 28 Days or Less

10 Day Ebook Writing System.

So if you're thinking of purchasing a new writing product, or you already have one that you haven't used yet, get it and make it work for you. Do the work.

Don't just passively read it once and say it didn't work. Do the work.

If it's just a simple information book/product, don't just read it once, read it at least 10 times and make notes so that you're not just reading it, you're absorbing all the information in it so that you can use it later.

Turn all the writing books and products that you've ever bought, and those that you will buy in the future into an investment instead of just an ordinary purchase.


Find more books about making money from writing at https://ruthiswriting.com/make-money.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments